As some of our members are aware, CHERPA once offered a service to Defence personnel through Defence Housing Australia (DHA) allowing them to rent household goods when they were being re-posted to a new area.
CHERPA offered this complimentary service to all its members. As applications came in, CHERPA would sign them up to a rental agreement, then redirect the enquiry to a CHERPA member participating in the program to supply the items, fulfil the rental requirements and be the managing agent for any future service required.
The original DHA agreement ran its course and was concluded in late 2020 however, we are pleased to announce that the service is being revamped and we will soon be re-launching as CHERPA’s “Better Living for Defence” service.
Again there is no cost for any CHERPA member wanting to participate in the “Better Living for Defence” program. CHERPA is offering this service, to support Australia’s Defence personnel and potentially increase our members customer rate.
If you would like a bit more information and an indication previous pricing structure, please go to the DHA page on CHERPA’s website outlining the previous program, or click below.
As with the old service, the general terms for the new “Better Living for Defence” program include:
- No fixed term (That’s because they can be posted anywhere from for 3 months to 3 years).
- No early termination fees.
- Rental payments will be managed by CHERPA then redistributed to the managing agents on a month to month basis, less a small commission.
- Free delivery.
- Free pick up if item is no longer required.
- Buy options available at any time.